- November 2, 2020
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Session Focus: The Reskilling Advantage: Why, When, and How
Case Study: How this process is “forcing” Shure to re-think the way we organize learning
We continued the conversation every other Monday (biweekly) due to an interest in L&D during this pandemic and an overwhelming number of participants. With this 16th learning now focusing on forward-thinking strategies for retooling L&D as we embrace the new normal. The first place to start is a new strategy that puts your workforce and continuous reskilling at the forefront of them.
How do you address weaknesses and position your L&D as an opportunity for growth:
- What are the top 2 business problems that your organization is grappling with today?
- Who owns skills in your organization and why do they own them?
- What business outcomes does your learning/skill strategy deliver?
Do you have the data you need to help make effective people decisions? Recent ATD data states nearly 52 percent of workers’ skill sets don’t match their companies’ markets, strategies, goals, or business models. That’s why two out of every three talent development leaders are looking for new solutions to transform their people’s skills and organizations. But more than shorter courses and new technology should be considered.
ELE’s Learning Circle will be ideating Retooling Talent Development for the New Normal.
- How Do We in L&D Add Unexpected Value?
- Why does it matter?
ELE’s Idea Exchange: Collaborate your insights online with your peers here.
- COVID-19 Learning Circle #7: Return to Work Survey Results - June 29, 2020
- COVID-19 Learning Circle #6: Coronavirus & Social Injustice - June 15, 2020
- COVID-19 Learning Circle #5: How should L&D respond? - June 1, 2020