- March 5, 2020
10:30 am - 12:00 pm
ELE’s Virtual cohort for Learning and HR Executives is a year-long learning process through face-to-face collaboration and networking with other local heads of Learning and Talent Development. Each senior leader is encouraged to bring a peer from their organization that contributes to, engages, or supports the Learning and Talent spectrum for their workplace.
Session Focus: Onboarding in a Cross Matrix Organization (Case study: AbbVie)
- Selection and onboarding–Can we be reactive and try to train the matrix stuff to new employees?
- Peer mentorship–How can someone fluent in the organization’s matrix you can ask stupid questions help?
- Informal Learning Strategies
Onboarding questions our cohort plans to explore include:
- How do you drive accountability in onboarding when there are so many managers who play a role in a matrix organization?
- What have you seen work well in driving awareness of core onboarding efforts?
- How do you make an employee feel welcomed in a high matrixed environment?
- What best practices have you seen in virtual work environments with highly matrixed onboarding?
- What role does technology play or can it play in helping drive the matrixed onboarding process?
Our quarterly cohort exchanges are built around the following design elements:
- Sharing practical case studies aligned to business needs
- Identifying key issues and developing insights and solutions
- Canvassing learning industry trends applied at ELE members’ workplace
- ELE Virtual Cohort: Onboarding in a Cross Matrix Organization - March 5, 2020