Session 2: Planning the Virtual Session
The objective of The Virtual Producer Program is to upskill individuals for highly effective virtual producer roles, to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of virtual events, and to enable individuals to use all the platform-tools and features available in their platform in the most efficient way to provide both technical and instructional support to participants and facilitators.
This session plans to cover:
👉 Building a relationship with your Facilitator
👉 Pre-session consultation and planning
👉 Producer/Facilitator Guides
👉 Establishing communication & contingency plans
👉 Troubleshooting guides
👉 Conducting the rehearsal
👉 Planning checklist
This program does not teach the functionality of a particular virtual classroom platform.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a producer
- Identify the primary technical and instructional tasks required to support the facilitator
- Maximize partnership between producer and facilitator
- Produce a Virtual Event
- Model best practices
- Build technological knowledge around common platform features and tools
- Troubleshoot common technical issues
- Develop contingency and back-up plan when disaster strikes
This series is included with Individual and Team Leaders subscriptions. When you sign up, we will plan to have your registration for the remaining sessions in the series.
For Session 3 in this 6-session series, Click Here for the specific event times and self-register.
How does an ELE Producer support my Zoom session?
As the support person on the delivery team, the Producer is an invaluable resource before, during, and after a virtual training event. He or she is there to support the facilitator, the participants, and the technology.
The producer makes the session run smoothly, troubleshooting technical issues for anyone attending the session, loading polls, and even co-facilitating content (which helps change the dynamics with the new voice).
Here is a small list of tasks the Producer helps with:
- Open and prepare the session design,
- Load course materials, polls, and testing,
- Set participant privileges,
- Managing session options,
- Demonstrate platform features to participants to perfect their ease of use,
- Provide on-the-spot participant support and technical troubleshooting to keep the session running smoothly with fewer interruptions.