Hero story arc: our protagonist (DD’s L&D department, and likely you the audience member) just experienced a collapse in demand for your most recognized product (in-person ILT). How did our protagonist pivot to not only avoid being unnecessary but actually became more valuable?
What we will explore together :
Distinguish what we do (activities) from what adds value (our purpose; OD wheel):
- Stop doing activities that no longer add value (examples: in person training, employee experience survey)
- Leverage relationships to discover needs (examples: helping IT with choosing virtual tool)
- Rapidly innovate to serve customer needs (examples: upskilling with tech skills, remote working, communicating & recognizing employees)
ELE’s Learning Circle will be ideating Retooling Talent Development for the New Normal.
- How Do We in L&D Add Unexpected Value?
- Why does it matter?
ELE’s Idea Exchange: Collaborate your insights online with your peers here.
Consider joining ELE’s Virtual cohort for Learning & HR Executives. A TEAM LEADERS Membership grants a year-long learning process through face-to-face collaboration and networking with other local heads of Learning & Talent Development, access to a robust archive of Virtual cohorts and exchanges via ELE Insights, and robust question & answer forum named the ELE Idea Exchange. Each senior leader is encouraged to bring a peer from their organization that contributes to, engages, or supports the Learning & Talent spectrum for their workplace.
Our quarterly cohort exchanges are built around the following design elements:
- Sharing practical case studies aligned to business needs
- Identifying key issues and developing insights and solutions
- Canvassing learning industry trends applied at ELE members’ workplace
For more information, visit https://learningexecutive.com/our-membership-plans/.