As companies learn to manage through the changing marketplaces and evolving workplaces, shaping an inclusive culture to meet the needs of the business and help their people transition through uncertainty. Despite the well-established benefits of curiosity, organizations often discourage it. This is not because leaders don’t see its value. On the contrary, both leaders and employees understand that curiosity creates positive outcomes for their companies.
What we will explore together :
In this session, we will discuss how to inject genuine curiosity into the workplace and the impact it can have on the organization. We will clearly define genuine curiosity and consider the following:
- Where might the capability to be genuinely curious play well in today’s environment?
- Why is genuine curiosity such an underused skill?
- If this is a priority in your organization, what are you doing to address these behaviors?
You can read more insights from Mike on Transformingcareers.com | What’s culture got to do with it?
ELE’s Idea Exchange: Collaborate your insights online with your peers here.
Consider joining ELE’s Virtual cohort for Learning & HR Executives. A TEAM LEADERS Membership grants a year-long learning process through face-to-face collaboration and networking with other local heads of Learning & Talent Development, access to a robust archive of Virtual cohorts and exchanges via ELE Insights, and robust question & answer forum named the ELE Idea Exchange. Each senior leader is encouraged to bring a peer from their organization that contributes to, engages, or supports the Learning & Talent spectrum for their workplace.
Our quarterly cohort exchanges are built around the following design elements:
- Sharing practical case studies aligned to business needs
- Identifying key issues and developing insights and solutions
- Canvassing learning industry trends applied at ELE members’ workplace
For more information, visit https://learningexecutive.com/our-membership-plans/.
- Leadership Rewired: Future of Work Learning Circle - October 27, 2020
- Maintaining Culture Norms During Uncertainty: Sustaining Design Thinking Practices in A Virtual World - October 7, 2020
- Culture Shaping Learning Circle: Psychology Safety - September 15, 2020