Learning and development professionals are challenged every day by producing custom learning experiences that build organizational capability and drive business results. With constraints such as time, staff, budget, and competition from other organizational priorities, it can feel like an uphill battle. Neuroscience research offers some tested practical means of increasing the likelihood of getting those results, despite the obstacles. Cynthia Kivland will share an executive summary of the Liautaud Institute’s research “Six Reasons Why Leadership Training Fails” (Kivland/King) published in January 2015 for Hr.com’s Leadership Excellence Essentials Magazine! Cynthia’s executive summary will be followed by real leadership development examples from our Chicagoland companies putting those recommendations into practice to help you design learning solutions optimized for developing talent.
To help guide this roundtable discussion, we’ll encourage participants to share the following:
- What has been the greatest challenge you and your team have faced when it comes to implementing impactful learning strategies?
- How has your organization addressed the 6 issues Cynthia researched as to why leadership program investments fail?
- What have been your results? How do you know they made a difference?
- What else have you done to influence success based upon understanding the neuroscience implications at work?
- Executive support; especially supervisors
- Application, application, application